Part-Time Continuing Care Assistant
The Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) will provide personalized client centred care through client specific assignments. Work will be regularly monitored by an LPN Supervisor. Care will take place in the community, within client’s homes.
- Graduate of a CCA course from a recognized post-secondary program
- Successfully passed the CCA Provincial exam
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Able to provide a current vulnerable sector check
- Current CPR and First Aid (within 1 year) obtained within Canada
- Demonstrate compassion, professionalism and confidentiality
- Following the care plan, assist the client to safely perform ADL’s
- Safely assist client in ambulation and transfers
- Perform delegated tasks and activities as required in the Care Plan
- Assist the client whilst promoting client independence
- Provide clear, timely communication to the supervisor regarding changes to or concerns of the client’s health or wellbeing.
- Properly maintain documentation regarding client activities, progress and treatment plans consistent with policies.
- Adhere to the policies in all interactions with clients, families or other parties ensuring privacy and confidentiality.
Please contact Lunenburg County Home Support to apply.